Deputies are appointed to make decisions for someone else their about finances, property, health or welfare.
When making decisions on behalf of your friend or relative as their deputy you must:
- Make decisions that are in their best interests
- Only make a decision if your friend or relative cannot make it for themselves
- Only make decisions that the Court has said you can
- Keep in mind the guidance in the Mental Capacity Act 2005 Code of Practice
- Make your decisions with a high standard of care
You will be required to report to the Court about the decisions you have made and the reasons for them.