hurray your mega menu works
Contact Us

The Other Party Will Not Disclose Their Finances. What Should I Do?

It is important in any case that there is full and relevant disclosure of the family’s finances and from both parties. Normally a request is made for voluntary financial disclosure. This includes details of all assets (including business interests), liabilities, income, outgoings and pension provision with documents in support. Where a party refuses to do this then you are entitled, provided divorce proceedings are first issued, to make a financial application. The Court will then automatically set a court timetable for certain tasks to be completed. One of those tasks is the preparation and exchange of financial information in a form called ‘Form E’ with documents in support. You are then entitled to consider the financial disclosure and prepare relevant questions if you and your adviser feel more information or clarification is needed.