hurray your mega menu works
Contact Us

How Do I Start Divorce Proceedings?

A divorce can be started provided you have been married for at least one year. A divorce petition is prepared and submitted to the court. The other party then receives an acknowledgment form. You can then proceed to the Decree Nisi stage (the interim divorce order) and, after waiting six weeks and one day, you can then apply for the Decree Absolute (the final divorce order).